E! goes behind the bar and takes an inside look at the lives of the employees of the world-famous hot spot when its new docu-series “What Happens at The Abbey” premieres on Sunday, May 14th at 10pm ET/PT. Located in the heart of Los Angeles’ West Hollywood neighborhood, The Abbey, hailed as the “Best Gay Bar in the World,” is an institution where labels are abandoned, inclusion is paramount and everyone, regardless of their sexuality comes to mix and mingle with celebrities.
Presiding over one of the wildest nightclubs in Los Angeles, the team unapologetically embodies the open-minded mentality of The Abbey while fostering an environment of acceptance. Managed by owner David Cooley, the staff juggles delivering first-rate service to their VIP guests and celebrities while dealing with relationship drama, diverse sexuality and the pursuit of their own Hollywood dreams. It’s not all work, as this outrageous and unpredictable squad somehow manages to party even harder than their celebrity patrons.
Get A Sneak Peek Here.
Meet the #nofilter staff of The Abbey:
“The Abbey is the only place in the world where a lesbian and a straight woman fight to be a gay man’s baby mama.”
– Billy Reilich, VIP server: The small-town boy from Ohio and resident “muscle boy next door” is also best known as “Nick the Gardener” of The Ellen Show.
“Yeah I’m pissed. Don’t freaking tell me that you are into me and then you go and hook up with another girl in front of me. It’s really disrespectful.”
– Marissa Chykirda, server: The new girl, straight out of Long Island. She’s unintentionally become a player whisperer by taming Kyle.
“It’s pizza, its not going to be the greatest thing you’ve ever eaten but if you want it, you could probably have it at your house in under 30 minutes.”
– Kyle Clarke, bartender: The bad boy who has graced the cover of more than 50 fitness magazines and saves women’s numbers in his phone with the pizza emoji.
“It’s not black and white here at The Abbey. It’s very grey and it’s very messy.”
– Elizabeth Steinle, server: A self-proclaimed gold star lesbian, she’s opinionated, strong and no stranger to conflict.
“Technically my psychic told me not to date anyone for three-six months because I tend to gravitate toward douchebags.”
– Kim Senser, bartender: A hopeless romantic who looks for love in all the wrong places. There’s one place she has not yet looked…her lesbian best friend.
“It’s like the best night of your life, that you will never remember.”
– Murray Swanby, VIP host: West Hollywood’s biggest playboy and dating fellow colleague Cory, he knows everyone in town and is always the life of the party.
“I have never had such low self esteem since I started dating this man.”
– Cory Zwierzynski, bartender: Sweet but has a short fuse as current boyfriend Murray makes him feel insecure flirting with other guys right in his face.
“Growing up I dated girls that looked like boys and boys that looked like girls.”
– Brandi Andrews, VIP host: Ultra sassy and intimidating, she’s a lesbian in pursuit to have a child with her colleague Lawrence. It’s their perfect arrangement for a modern family.
“We’ve decided to have a baby together. We aren’t pregnant yet, but we’re going to embark on this journey pretty soon.”
– Lawrence Carroll, VIP host: Ready to start a family with Brandi, he faces the reality of fertility
tests, various relationship struggles and the most emotional of them all, revealing to his family that he is ready to become a father.
“Sometimes I think, damn I’d really love to have this girl’s life but then I remember she’s not necessarily the sharpest tool in the shed.”
– Chelsea Jeffers, management trainee: Blurring her personal and professional life, she dreams of becoming a nightclub mogul. She governs with sass and her strict high standards.
“I’m worth a lot of money, so it takes a lot to get this shirt off.”
– Daniel Eid, server: The ultimate comic relief, he is the self-proclaimed “best server at The Abbey.” A quirky personality and cocky attitude make the perfect recipe for the “Zoolander” server.
“What Happens At The Abbey” is produced by Banijay Studios North America with David Goldberg, Caroline Baumgard, Ray Giuliani and David Cooley as executive producers. V
Via Press Release